Want to know more about planning and booking your Barn Dance?
We have years and years of experience performing for weddings, parties and all sorts of other events, so you are in safe hands. Feel free to drop us a line with any questions via our contact page
Frequently Asked Questions
Our rule of thumb is about an hour from the Taunton Area.
We sometimes get as far as Bristol, Minehead, Frome, South Devon and South Dorset.
If you are organising a party celebration at a village hall, for example, we would suggest a 3.5 hour set with a break for food. Usually we get booked the following times: 7 – 10.30, 7.30 – 11 or 8 – 11.30.
We have squeezed into some very tiny spots over the years, but ideally we ask for a performance area of at least 5m x 3m, especially if we have our drummer as well.
Yes to both. However we need adequate protection from the great British elements. Therefore we require a marquee/gazebo with a cover and 3 enclosed sides please
I would recommend not having the disco type dance floor or stage. From our experience they are never big enough.
We bring all our own PA equipment, but unfortunately we can not let it be used after we have finished our set.
We have simple needs really.
We just ask for decent parking and access to the venue please and a powerpoint and 4 armless chairs in the performing area
Here are some venue links you may find useful
- St Audries Park – Located in the beautiful Somerset Hills overlooking the Bristol Channel and Welsh hills beyond
- Hunstile Organic Farm – Situated in the ancient rolling foothills of the Quantocks
- Lakeview Manor – a hidden gem in the heart of East Devon near Honiton
- River Cottage HQ – based on the Devon / Dorset border with breathtaking views across the valley
- Woodlands Castle – 17th Century Country House near Taunton.
Community Venues & Village Halls
- Community Venue Locator – Find a community building to hire in Somerset